Durham and the Triangle
Duke University is located in Durham, NC, inside The Research Triangle Park, also known as RTP. Located at the core of the Raleigh-Durham-Cary CSA (Combined Statistical Area), the Park is a globally prominent high-tech research and development center that serves as an economic driver for the region.
RTP has been and continues to be a model for innovation, education, and economic development that has been applied around the world. The Research Park Region offers diverse people, communities and lifestyles.
It is home to winners of the Nobel and the Pulitzer prizes, as well as recipients of the U.S. Presidential Award and National Foundation Awards. Forty-seven percent of adults in the RTP area hold college degrees.
- Southern Living's designation of "The South's Tastiest Town".
- See why Vogue Magazine says Durham is North Carolina's hippest city.
- Read what the New York Times thinks about the re-energized Bull City in their travel section.
- See what Travel and Leisure says you should eat, drink, and do in Durham.
- Donut fan? Travel and Leisure votes Durham's Monuts one of best donut shops in the US.
About The Research Triangle
Neighboring Academic Institutions
American Tobacco Historic & Entertainment District in Durham
Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC)
Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in Raleigh
Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek Amphitheatre in Raleigh
PNC Arena in Raleigh