Dr. Marcella Sarzotti-Kelsoe, primary faculty in the Department of Immunology, and Laurianne Torres will provide leadership and operational oversight of the newly established Advancing Scientific Integrity, Services and Training (ASIST) Office. The establishment of ASIST is in support of the School of Medicine's commitment to maintain an environment of scientific integrity.
This support office strives to provide:
- Safeguards that encourage the use of best practices in research and ensure compliance with scientific integrity standards;
- Educational materials, modules and forums that promote the responsible conduct of research;
- Best practices in data acquisition, generation and management;
- Software solutions, analytical support and other consultation services as needed.
The office will work with departments, shared resources, core labs, and basic science laboratories to:
- Review and assist with the development of compliant data management practices;
- Provide feedback on current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Assist with the development of Science Culture and Accountability Plans (SCAP);
- Work with new investigators to establish an effective lab culture, including training for lab staff in data management/data provenance principles.