Coers, Jörn, Russell E. Vance, Mary F. Fontana, and William F. Dietrich. “Restriction of Legionella pneumophila growth in macrophages requires the concerted action of cytokine and Naip5/Ipaf signalling pathways..” Cell Microbiol 9, no. 10 (October 2007): 2344–57. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1462-5822.2007.00963.x.
Jorn Coers, PhD
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of Basel, 2004
Selected Grants and Awards
- Interferon-inducible cell-intrinsic host defense against Chlamydia trachomatis
- Medical Scientist Training Program
- Host-mediated lysis of cytoplasmic pathogens
- Genetics Training Grant
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Human GBPs in cell-autonomous immunity to intracellular bacterial pathogens
- Basic Immunology Training Program
- Interferon-driven ubiquitin response targets Chlamydia inclusions in human cells
- Innate immune recognition of bacterial secretion systems by GBPs
- Targeting of Interferon-induced host proteins to Legionella-containing vacuoles
Bernstein-Hanley, Isaac, Jörn Coers, Zarine R. Balsara, Gregory A. Taylor, Michael N. Starnbach, and William F. Dietrich. “The p47 GTPases Igtp and Irgb10 map to the Chlamydia trachomatis susceptibility locus Ctrq-3 and mediate cellular resistance in mice..” Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, no. 38 (September 19, 2006): 14092–97. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0603338103.